Customizations, Avatars, Vehicle and Building Models in the Polkacity Game
Art & Design
- User avatar model setup
We’ve been working with two models. We spent some time on basic optimizations to change the model outlook and skeletons, we will work on this some more to make it perfect before the game launches.
- Avatar animations
We are going to explore new character animations and identify a new set.
- Shader graphs work on avatar models.
The users will be able to customize the textures of the clothes, hair, and skin tone. We’ve managed to implement this through the use of shader graphs, which gives us the ability to modify these textures in the game in real-time. We’re going to preselect a few textures for the clothes, and we’re going to offer a color slider/wheel for the user to customize the hair and skin tone. This was a considerably complex task, but it has saved us a lot of time while giving us an enormous range of customizations.
- Vehicle models
The Bugatti model is ready; we will start working on the other car NFTs, optimizing them for the game.
- Building models
We have been working on the art gallery and the shopping center. Work on the Art Gallery is in progress, the exterior is done, and we’re currently working on the interior. The corresponding city block prefabs will be finished within a week.
- Props and refinement
While most of our city blocks are now adequate, we will polish the buildings, enhancing the quality to elevate the user experience.
- We’re running a simultaneous effort to iteratively give the city blocks a more natural feel. This includes making small props like mailboxes & flowerpots, improving the grass textures, and improving pavement textures.
- We will finish most of the refinements within a month.
Unity Development, here is what we have accomplished:
- Avatar creation & customization flow. The basic flow for this is done, we are polishing it.
- Refinements and bug fixes (highlights)
- Avatar customization flow
- Pavement/footpath heights
- Fixed bugs in walking upstairs/ stepping onto the pavement
- System architecture improvements
- Scale fixes
We have been working on numerous bugs and fixing them to give you, our users, a perfect game!
NFT sales: https://www.polkacity.io/buy-assets
Opensea NFT trading: https://opensea.io/assets/polka-city-asset
Opensea 3D assets: https://opensea.io/collection/polka-city-3d-asset
Coinbase Charts: https://www.coinbase.com/price/polka-city
Disclaimer: This article includes some forward-looking statements, none of which are financial advice. Always DYOR.