Game Elements interaction, User sign up and other Polka City game details
The game elements such as user models, NFT cars, and NFT buildings will interact with each other in the game. Here is how:
- Whenever a user is near a car or a building, a popup will appear giving them the option to engage or leave. The user can then press a key to interact with that element.
- Enter a Car: If the user owns that car, upon entering, the camera will switch to street-view and the user will be able to drive the car around the city.
- Enter a Taxi: If the user enters a taxi, he/she will set the location on the minimap, and direction or path will be navigated to the taxi owner who will be driving the taxi.
- Enter a Building: Each building will have different interactions upon entering.
- Art Gallery: This will be a 3D space where users who own art can display and sell these art pieces. The whole process of piece selection for the wall display will be done on the web end. Common user interactions: the user will be in 3rd person view and will be able to interact with other users i.e. when they will be near another user a popup will appear, asking them whether they want to do audio/text chat. If both users agree, then the appropriate chat starts. Users can see the paintings and buy them via the buy button. We will also provide a control mechanism for the user to exit from the building at any time using a simple button.
- Disco: This will be a 3D space where users will enjoy virtual concerts. Disco NFT will be a social place where the user will be able to enjoy live virtual concerts and interact with other users. Users will be in 3rd person view and will be able to interact with other users i.e. when they are near another user a popup will appear asking them whether they want to do audio/text chat and if both agree the chat will start.
Game Loops: There will be a core game loop and other module loops. These will include Login and Sign up.
User Onboarding: The general idea for signup is that the user will create a game login in a standard way, and this will be initially independent of their metamask account.
An additional step after creating the game login will be for the user to add and verify their public key using metamask as part of their in-game account detail. Users will need to do this if they want to do any transactions or interact with NFTs in the game.
For the creation of the user account, the process will contain the following:
Users will sign-up for their account by entering their email address and password. The login screen will follow a similar design as in the below reference example. This example is from an off-the-shelf login module for Unity3D.
The login window will also include a connect button for the account public key (wallet ID) so that the user’s public key is also associated with the game account. This will enable the user to simply fetch the public key in case of passing it through an API call.
After the account has been created, we will have account validity confirmation via the user’s email.
Assets: All assets will be in 3D.
To populate the city, we will use 3D models of the following:
- User Models
- Power Stations
- Petrol station (Car Fuels)
- Electric station (Car Fuels)
- Services and Social Buildings
- Car repair (Car Maintenance)
- Car wash (Car Maintenance)
- Car rental (Car Maintenance)
- Hotel (Games)
- Restaurant (Social)
- Art Gallery (Shopping)
- Shopping center (Shopping)
- Disco (Events)
- Hot dog Stand (Shopping)
- Parks (Fillers)
- Dummy buildings (Fillers)
All these buildings will have an internal structure because as the game develops, users will do interactions in the building rather than in the city.
Game sounds and SFX: Basic game sounds and SFX will be added to the game. We will buy sounds and select the royalty-free sounds for the first draft and then focus more on the sound production after the publication of the first draft of the game.
Opensea NFT trading: https://opensea.io/assets/polka-city-asset
Opensea 3D assets: https://opensea.io/collection/polka-city-3d-asset
Coinbase Charts: https://www.coinbase.com/price/polka-city
Disclaimer: This article includes some forward-looking statements, none of which are financial advice. Always DYOR.